Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me out with this one. I went to my local stereo shop to order the parts I need to put my double din monitor in, by the way metra now makes a dash kit you can order. As far as the wiring harness was concerned he thought that if it was anything like the new chrysler cars he's delt with that it would require some sord of intigration module that hasn't been created yet because the cars diagnostics ran through stereo, i.e. mode and track listing, tire pressure etc... in the left cluster on the dash. I see other after market installs I was wondering if anyone had any problems or if it was just as simple as using a universal 02' and up wiring harness? Thank you for all your help!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I could understand some sort of module being required to regain the use of the steering wheel audio controls and to display some information on the EVIC, but I would really doubt if the other EVIC functions such as the tire pressure monitoring would have any reason to go through the radio.

There have been a few people here that have installed an aftermarket system, so I'm sure they can tell you what effect it had on the rest of the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.