Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I’m driving one day minding my own business. And the ABS and the Truck swerve icon lit up my dash. I know it’s dealing with something in the steering part of the truck, but I’m not too sure what’s the problem is. Also may I add that it’s glowing yellow and not red.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
There could be numerous causes for the ABS and traction control light to come on.
Different tire sizes, Bumpy turns(If your rig is lifted), Wheel speed sensor, Steering angle sensor, Trany speed sensor, Shorted wire, Computer lost communication error, to name a few.
Both those lights are supposed to be yellow in the display, never red.

Reactions: Deanp and Nitrogen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine did that about a month ago followed by the flashers coming on and the horn honking. I took it in and had the software updated. So far, so good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine did this last year a few times but now it has dinged and shown display a couple of times in a month.

As far as the wheel sensor, bad connection and are they located right in back of rotors?

Thanks.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Check the O-ring on the fuel cap. I had that issue, o-ring on the fuel cap fixed it.
Wrong thread? This was about the ESP and traction control, not a gas cap light.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Hum, Interesting. The two systems are not related in any way. But if it worked, it worked.

Reactions: Nitrogen
1 - 10 of 10 Posts