Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious, and just basically wanted to see how much driving we're doing with our brand new Nitros. So would everyone who likes to partake in our little random forum queries, be so kind as to tell everyone how many miles you have on your Nitro, and the date of purchase (if u can remember). Also, do you have any current problems with your Nitro.

I bought mine on November 30th, 2006. I have 2553k on it. Engine is starting to shudder again after having had 3 computer flashes. RPM needle goes all the way to 5000 without shifting unless I let up off the pedal.

·
Registered
790 Posts
3100 miles, time for an oil change. Bought it Jan. 1, 2007.

Mild shudder around 35 - 45 mph. I still would think it's the roads if I had not read about the "problem" here. Otherwise it shifts normal.
Had the passenger side door lock actuator & scratched sunroof glass replaced at 3 weeks old.

Still getting loads of compliments & questions about it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
3200 Miles since 11/20/06

Had the ABS recall done, oil change and got the driver side moldings replaced on warranty because they were warping and detaching from the body. Dealer though it would be better to get new ones and put those on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Miles....

Purchase Date 31JAN07

1,664 miles

mild shudder when hitting 45 MPH
mild shudder when hitting 20 MPH on cold mornings

Stalled out while making a very sharp and tight left hand turn.... started right up again.

Overall no real problems to speak of but I am keeping an eye out.

SLT 4x4 tow package

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
512 miles, bought 11/16/06 only problem a hiccup with the dr./side window switch. Would have more miles but even the NITRO can't handle 14 to 16 ft. of snow. thats what it is right where they stop plowing.:ura1::4-jump2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Brought home Feb 2

5,396 miles as of March 15

Heavy vibration at 2200 RPM under load ever since installing the Gibson exhaust. Rattles the license plate, shook the right rear fender loose, and the tailpipe moves enough to touch, and MELT, the body where it exits.

I'll be removing the Gibson system and reinstalling the stock pipe to determine if it's the Gibson, if the Gibson exaggerates the problem, or it it's unrelated to the exhaust.

·
Registered
257 Posts
mileage, etc

bought 1/12/2007 2800 miles
Had torgue converter replaced, HVAC flashed, door locks flashed, trans flashed, everything seems good now, mine was made last Sept, worries me being an early model, very disturbing about these things shutting off, Im in Florida from DE, going through tunnells and over long causways, would be a disaster if it shuts down. I agree Chrysler has diffently got to do something about this and correct it before somebody gets in a serious accident:shy:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
OK. We have over 7200 miles now. Have had the flash done once. Have a shudder once in a while, at around 42 mph,( I notice, the wife doesn't). Best we have done on gas is 24.5 on a 300 mile trip which involved 35,55, and70 mph limits. Has second oil change. Rotated the tires,(noticed the wheels were made in China!!!!:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: ). Over all still a pleasure to drive and ride and still get looks. Have only seen 2 on the road in this area since we bought in late Oct , 06. :Racing:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought mine on Jan.5 and I picked it up on March 14th. To date I have only 44 miles on him but "Big Red" is going to get his legs stretched this weekend. I plan on taking Red to Monterey and looking at the aquarium. approx. 300miles round trip.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.